button polyps?

nyreefer

I have a 55 gallon that has been established for close to a year now, everything looks great. I made the mistake of buying a CSL 2x65W light awhile back and am now regreting it. The bulbs are 10,000K/Actinic 03 (55W), would button polyps or any other kind of zoanthids survive in my tank? How about mushrooms? Thanks in advance for the info...

nyreefer

Thanks for the reply. I have 2 watts per gallon and from what I have read that is the bare minimum to sustain polyps. I'll give it a shot, if I place them high on the rocks they may make it. Anyone disagree?

D

daniel411

I've seen them survive on less. Just, as you mentioned, try to keep them up higher.

goblue

In my mini reef (8 gallon eclipse system) that I kept while i was at school to satiate my fishy desires I kept xenia, mushrooms, and a green open brain with just a 15W 50/50! That tank was like the miracle of chanukah, enough light to keep things alive for a day and they lasted all year! Now they all happily reside in my 55.

neowind

You should be able to keep Zooanthids, Mushrooms (Not Ricordea), button polyps just fine. Mushrooms medium level, zoo's high, polyps medium to high.

nyreefer

Thanks everyone you have been a real help. I guess there is hope after all for my 110W CSL light! I'd like to try some Green star polyps and possibly orange button polyps.