buying a large tank online

goonter

Does anyone know of any good sites that sell large aquariums (100 gal. and up) that will ship them right to your door. Most of the ones I have found you have to pick them up. I want something nice but I don't want to be over charged. If anyone could help I would be very greatful.

azfishgal

I did look around myself, but the shipping cost was a killer. I just broke down and bought a 125 gallon tank at my lfs and hauled it home in my suburban. Maybe someone else found a better deal.

travis89

shipping is a killer, you are usually better off buying at your LFS unless you have no way to get it home.

cgrant

find what lfs sells perfecto tanks, the warrantee is 10 years and customer service is top notch!
all-glass and oceanic make good tanks also but if you have to turn in a warrantee it is a nightmare!
I am not sure if they have the factory sale going on now but a couple of times a year perfecto has a tank blowout sale and you can get a 220 gallon tank and stand for 800 bucks.

hot883

goonter said:
Does anyone know of any good sites that sell large aquariums (100 gal. and up) that will ship them right to your door. Most of the ones I have found you have to pick them up. I want something nice but I don't want to be over charged. If anyone could help I would be very greatful. It's against this sites rules to ask for sites or links. Just do a google search.

phixer

Renting a Uhaul and picking it up yourself will save you some $. Also some fabrication shops will build it on site for you, (I do this as a side business). There are some circumstances where the size will not fit down stairs or through the doorways and the tank must be custom made on site. Another reason I like acrylic, its easier to carry.