Buying an Ipod, need help!!

effloresce

WELL!!!!! i realy want an ipod, and my family is is poor to get one for me for x-mas, so im getting it.
but i dont know where to get it from!
i can get it off ---- for near $100 cheaper, but i ahve had bad stuff go wrong with ---- on cheap stuff(air pump, Ph's etc) so ---- isnt to reliable but its cheaper.
i cna also get it as best buy/circut city, but i gotta get it up front with all the cash.
on the ipod website i can order it, free shipping and i can pay monthly fees instead of up front like at circut city or best buy, its a little cheaper then at the stores.
NOW! idk which to get the 20g or the 4g mini, i mean the mini only can get 1k songs in it, and i have well over 3k songs, so that might be a waste, and the 20g is only $50 more and you get more space/features.
if i were to get the 20g on the site and pay $7 a month for it, that will be 42 months to pay off, does it collect intrest at all? or stay a flat rate.

dvs

Im getting one for Xmas too!
As far as the 20 or 40, how many songs will you REALLY be listening to? I have around 7500 in my media player but that doesnt mean I listen to all of them. 5000 songs is a lot!
Anywho, if you dont have the cash up front and youre credit is good, Id go to Apple and get one. That way you can make low monthly payments and you know the quality will be good.
Good Luck!
Jen

effloresce

well...
im gettig it tomorrow at my local best buy, im using my dads best buy "credit card" and im goign to pay him the monthly fees, and im also goign to ahve it on the best buy zone card, so i will get best buy money back (like $40) so im goign to use that to buy a black/red skin for the pod or a new microphone/head set for counter strike online play! im set this christmas break!

mr. tuna

I got mine at the original apple store. You can order it online.
It cost $$$ .. mine was about $350 but its worth it! the best 350 i have ever recieved! :yes: JMO.. thats the way to go

effloresce

got it at best buy last night, there was a line of about 30 people, and they had 6 shopping carts full of ipods in the original boxes, when i got up there there was 1 box left, they said they had sold 40+ ipods in 3 hours or less.
i didnt knwo so many people would be getting it for that price, at first when i got it in the car i though i was crazy for spending so much to hold tunes in my pocket, but after opening the box i would be crazt NOT to get it! this thing rocks.
i got lucky, me and my dad picked it up at the Ghetto Bestbuy, in the ghetto neighbor hood, most of the peoplle getting them where rich suburb people, i asked the electrical clerk guy and he said that the best buys out in the nicer areas sold 150+ ipods.
crazy!
1 question
Can i store photos on my regular 20g, i though you could only hold the photos special ipods, but mine has a "photo import" tray, j/win

dskidmore

I think you can store anything on it, but only some I-pods have the capability to output the photos to a TV. (Not an expert here.)

A

autopilot

Originally posted by DSkidmore
I think you can store anything on it, but only some I-pods have the capability to output the photos to a TV. (Not an expert here.)

the newest photo ipods. They have color LCDs. They start at $499 for the 40gb and $599 for the 60gb. IMO ipods are very overrated and overpriced. I had a 2nd or 3rd gen (i forget it was over a year ago) 10gb ipod and there was nothing special about it other than its the in mp3 player to get and its expensive.

liontamer

Yea, iRiver makes one for about $40 less i believe, and theres holds just as many songs, is a little thicker, but has a longer battery life and a small remote control thingy so u dont have to take the mp3 player outta yer pocket. iPods...i dont listen to a lot of music, and dont have too many CDs, and my dad doesnt allow me to download songs, so im not that kinda guy. They look kinda cool, but yer spending some CASH to get them.