buying liverock off ebay???

gwheels

just wondering, a buddy of mine found 50 lbs. of lr from florida, starting bid is $50. anybody ever bought lr off of ----? let me know, thanks.

kainrahl

yeah i got 50 lbs of fiji for around 100 shipped. !!! It got here and had about 50 percent coraline coverage. I would buy it there again personally. Good stuff No mantis

slick

I think your probally better buying from a online store like here, or an LFS. There is probally some great deals on ----. But there is no way of knowing wht you might get.

sammystingray

I HIGHLY doubt I would even consider it. Just my opinion, but I am not a bog ---- fan for anything living....plenty of scammers use ---- as well to rip people off. Of course this stinks for normal people who just want to buy and sell to each other, but no matter what we do in life, there always has to be %$#%$#%$s messing it up. Technically I could sell baserock that just got done cycling......nothing but bacteria on some rocks from my yard, but I can easily claim it as liverock, and I would not technically be making false claims. If you decide to try it, you're the one that has to deal with what you get...it's up to you. I am sure there are actually nice folks on there selling nice rock as well, but I personally won't take the chance. I will never forget that %$# that was selling CDs that told you places to buy snowblowers and had seperate CDs for sale all over. He completely made it sound like you were buying the actual snowblower, but what you got was a CD with the stores he recomends for 1200 dollars. It was in VERY fine print hidden amongst what one would assume a normal disclaimer.:mad: He did this with watches, cameras, etc, and every CD was priced about what a good deal on the actual item would be......more deceiving that way.....what CD is worth twelve hundred dollars unless it contains a map to where he buried 1300 dollars?? Best of luck if you do give it a try...there are actual good people on there, and hopefull you would deal with one of them.