buying ro/di

corky

I'm getting ready to buy an ro/di. Is there any ro/di that you would not recommend for one reason or another? Looking in the 60 - 100 gpd range.

n2deep

www.airwaterice.com sells 100 Gallons per day REEF special RO/DI systems for $139.00. I have one and it ROCKS!!!!! Walter the owner knows more about water than anyone I have ever meet and is in business to stay in business!! He is a STAND UP guy. Buy from him and u will not regret it. Has ALL replacement cartridges too.( I think he has been in business around 20 years)

almarktool

well don't know of any that i would not buy,
i did buy a kent HI-S 60GPD and have been using it for 9 months so far and i am very happy with it, i tend to stay with a big company on items like this i know i will always be able to get filters from SWF.com or some other place

javatech

Originally posted by n2deep
www.airwaterice.com sells 100 Gallons per day REEF special RO/DI systems for $139.00. I have one and it ROCKS!!!!! Walter the owner knows more about water than anyone I have ever meet and is in business to stay in business!! He is a STAND UP guy. Buy from him and u will not regret it. Has ALL replacement cartridges too.( I think he has been in business around 20 years)

i got one of his on ---- and it's great

dubba-r

www.airwaterice.com sells 100 Gallons per day REEF special RO/DI
Seems like we shop at the same place! :D Works good for me

jmesmcm

Air Water & ice is definately the way to go. I to got one of their RO/DI systems on ---- and it works great. When I had a problem with it not producing enough water and running very slow I called them and they stood by their product and sent me replacement parts to remedy the situation at no cost. Great customer service and they are extremely helpful.

corky

Ironically, these guys had caught my eye and I was interested in buying there 100gpd unit before I posted this thread. You have helped me finally make the decision to just go ahead and buy it. Thanks!!!

tim

I just bought an ro/di unit last week (kent) and here are some learnings:
1) The water output rating is based on 80 lbs pressure and 80 degree water (or something like that!) So if your pressure is 40 (mine is 35) you get half, and if your temp is 60 (mine is 50 coming out of the well) you get half again. So keep in mind you could potentially get far less than the rated. So get a big one. And don't locate it under your kitchen sink, or you'll have a big water bucket sitting in your kitchen for days at a time 'filling up!'
2) The water wasted is incredible. I'm dumping at least 10 times as much water down the drain as I make. So keep that in mind as well. If this is an issue for you, consider other systems that don't create waste water (like just DI).
In my ro/di unit I actually re-plumbed it to BYPASS the ro membrane altogether! So I use the 2 pre filters and the DI filter for fish water. According to the manufacturer, this creates the SAME QUALITY water as with the RO. The downside is that the DI filter gets used up quicker, the advantage is much much faster water flow, and no waste at all.
Good Luck!

rockface

if that is really the case, then why even have the membrane. I hope this is true, if so Mine ill be bypassed within 20 min of getting home from work today. I'll try, and verify this as well through the company I got mine from. The amount of waste water is a real turn off. Esp. when my 25% water change is 80 gallons !!!It takes 3 days to get enough.