buying some new fish need info

primetizzle

Ok so I have a 150gal reef tank thats been up and running for about 2.5-3 months I have a few fish in there now but looking to get a few more hoping to see if you guys can help me out and see if they will all get along....ok so I have 1 yellow tang(mean

[hr]
),1 sailfin tang, 1 copperband butterfly, 1 maroon clown, 2 three stripe damsels, and 6(really mean)blue damsels....ok now what im looking to order is a blue hippo, and a powder blue tang. any sugg?

-tara33-

if the yellow tang is already mean then adding more tangs is going to make him meaner, it will be like the tang world war 1 spec for a 150 i would get some kinf of wrasse like a sixline or a pygmy angel

primetizzle

Originally Posted by -Tara33-
http:///forum/post/2768439
if the yellow tang is already mean then adding more tangs is going to make him meaner, it will be like the tang world war 1 spec for a 150 i would get some kinf of wrasse like a sixline or a pygmy angel

yea but I have alot of corals and most wrasse' are not reef safe...if they dont eat the coral they eat all the little critters

primetizzle

the tang hasnt beat anybody up yet but he ate all the antennas off of the shrimp and i mean all the shrimp. one of the saddest things i've ever seen.....hell my clown bit me today for touching his anemone

-tara33-

yeah but i kept a sixline in a reef for 11 months and he was the best fish in there never touched my shrimp or corals, but the blue tang canget well over 30 centre metres and mine rushes around the tank crazyly, more than the yellow and powders are much the same exept harder to keep, and you alredy have 2 tangs in there even mine can look each other up and down and its a 260 gallon and i would concider mine pretty peacfull, but i mean you can try it for sure but but with yours already established then there is sure to be some nasty fights just due to experience with working in a store for 4 yrs, but i hope u make the right desision tho. you never no what will happen u might get lucky.

dse

also cleaner wrasse are safe to have in your tank also will help maintain your fish for you and they do move beautifully (i love mine/my wifes)

geridoc

Originally Posted by dse
http:///forum/post/2768491
also cleaner wrasse are safe to have in your tank also will help maintain your fish for you and they do move beautifully (i love mine/my wifes)
Cleaner wrasses are one of the species that should not be kept in captive conditions. For the most part, they are obligate parasitovores, meaning that they must eat parasites. Most of these animals die in captivity of starvation, although there are exceptions. I think something in the dwarf angel family should be a good choice for your next fish.

primetizzle

Originally Posted by GeriDoc
http:///forum/post/2768503
Cleaner wrasses are one of the species that should not be kept in captive conditions. For the most part, they are obligate parasitovores, meaning that they must eat parasites. Most of these animals die in captivity of starvation, although there are exceptions. I think something in the dwarf angel family should be a good choice for your next fish.
what he said

fireshrimp

I cant believe you still have all those damsels in your tank!!!
Damsels will chase a whole school of fish away in the ocean ... they ll never be nice in a tank
I had a few and i had to take my whole tank apart to get them out because they did nothing but torment my other fish
I hate them

If you could get rid of those you could get some other fish / more interesting things. Atleast when your tank matures a bit

primetizzle

Originally Posted by FireShrimp
http:///forum/post/2769806
I cant believe you still have all those damsels in your tank!!!
Damsels will chase a whole school of fish away in the ocean ... they ll never be nice in a tank
I had a few and i had to take my whole tank apart to get them out because they did nothing but torment my other fish
I hate them

If you could get rid of those you could get some other fish / more interesting things. Atleast when your tank matures a bit
oh I've been trying to get rid of them...nobody wants them..I think im gonna have to pull my other tank out of the garage and use them to start that one up