ca reactor noob.

good alex

i have a couple questions about calcium reactors. i was doing a little reasearch and i am going to buy one. but how do you compensate for the ph drop. do most people have ph controllers or do you add accordingly? tank is a 150 do you think i should think about investing in one of these?
if i were to leave the tank for a week with a member in my house would i have to worry about them having to add ph buffer, or is the ph drop not very significant? i kno it depends on the about of co2, so i was thinkin about getting a coralife ca reactor rated for 500g. the tank has a few sps in it but i would like to add many more.

kogle

I run a knop C calcium reactor that's kept in check with a controller so I don't have to worry about pH drops but before I ponied up the loot for the controller I did a few things...
1: I drilled a bunch of small holes in the bottom of a decent sized cup and filled the cup with reactor media. I then let the effluent from the reactor drip through this media. This helped but it wasn't enough so
2: I then discharged the effluent (after the cup) right into the pickup for the protein skimmer. The aeration in the skimmer will actually pull some of the residual C02 out of the water
In the long run I just hooked it up to a controller and quit worrying...

good alex

another ?, what do wou have the controller hooked up 2? theres a probe and what is the other wire hooked up 2 a valve that turns or a pump that drips into the sump. and im guessing the ph solution is in liquid form?