Calcium Monitor, ( pinpoint)

black777

The calcium is to be at 400 to 450 mg/L. My Pinpoint calcium Monitor reads in ppm. Does anyone know what the ppm is to be at. I tested my tank and it's reading 650-700. 90 gal tank. 100 lbs of rock 7 fish and 7 pieces of coral.

hatessushi

Isn't there a chart that came with it that will convert the numbers? I have the salinity monitor from pinpoint and it came with a chart showing the ms and converting to SG and ppt. You might check their website, I think it is American Marine and see if there is any information on calcium.

black777

yea I tryed and there's nothing about ppm. It might be that the two are the same mmmmm. I'll keep looking. I tryed to phone them but just got the answering machine. Thanks for you reply.

tazsbaby99

I was looking thru my book on my ca tester. the mg/l is the ppm. its just how its measured. parts per mill. It says that as you said...atleast 400 to 450, and it says if its low to adjust but it doesnt say anything about being above in the 500 and 600's. So not sure if being that high is good or bad.
hope that helps.