Calcium Reactor Size?

golfish

the only con I can think of is the added cost of materials plus you'll probably need a little more co2 but it might work out that you be able to run the reactor using less co2 in comparison so you'll see less of a pH drop ( I know you drip kalk tho) Make sense? :notsure:
I think making it either reverse flow or adding a dual chamber should be concidered over make it big, or do both.

spmnarciso

Well I cut the tubing to 22"...figured I just save material for something else...maybe another extension on my skimmer. :D :D It'll probably hold 12 pounds of media.
Should I add another chamber to bring up the pH?
What about reverse flow..that's from the bottom up, right? Is that a better way of running it?
Off topic for a minute, ...how's things? Tank, good? Mine still looks so bare. Need to fill it now. Want to part with any frags? Still go so much I want to do...frag tank, phyto culturing, skimmer mod., calcium reactor built and running; not enough money and not enough time!
Hey, skimmer question for you or anyone else reading this post:
Since running two skimmers is not working for me, I think I'm going to stick to the 36" MR2 mod. and add another beckett to it. However I was hoping to use the other skimmers pump (Mag18; seperate BH in sump) to run the other beckett, instead of buying another expensive pump to run both. What do think? Do-able?
Thanks for tuning in...

golfish

Originally posted by spmnarciso
Well I cut the tubing to 22"...figured I just save material for something else...maybe another extension on my skimmer. :D :D It'll probably hold 12 pounds of media.
Should I add another chamber to bring up the pH?
What about reverse flow..that's from the bottom up, right? Is that a better way of running it?

I think my reactor is 20" made from 5" or 5.5" acrylic..Check out (coral science) all one word with a few W's and a dot com on the end. That should give you all the info you need about reverse flow reactors.
Adding another chamber might not be needed since you add kalk. Your not going to know until the tanks loaded with corals. I don't think that's really a big reactor. A tank your size loaded with sps, that might be too small.
Originally posted by spmnarciso

I think I'm going to stick to the 36" MR2 mod. and add another beckett to it. However I was hoping to use the other skimmers pump (Mag18; seperate BH in sump) to run the other beckett, instead of buying another expensive pump to run both. What do think? Do-able?

Should work ok but Andy would be the man to ask. I'm not sure if you'd want to drive both heads the exact same or not.