Calcium Reactor?

richard rendos

I have a Richard Rendos model. I had an "aquatecture". Tom Kloth in Atlanta, GA built the Aquatecture model. I decided I needed a larger model so I sold his and built my own dual chamber. I am working on a new design now that has a spray bar inside. I would say the Geo and the My Reef Creations are good models. If you are near Atlanta, you can get one from Aquatecture. Tom makes quality stuff..including protein skimmers, sumps, wet/dry's, and calcium reactors...oh, yeah, and acrylic tanks too.
Here is one I built for a friend a while back...4" diameter acrylic 24" tall...run by a Mag 2.

beerman

I have a myreefcreations. Andy builds a good one. Good value for the money. I have never used another brand but I would recommend this one. I recommend a dual stage. If you're handy (which I'm not) you can build your own for pretty cheap.

I have a Percision Marine cr622 and have never got it to work it brings my ph too low and I unhooked it so I would not buy another one I even talked to the owner and all he could do was tell me what it would do but couln't tell me how to make it do it:mad: he didn't impress me at all

I ran it into my skimmer and I made a single chamber and I still never got the ph up high enough I have a pinpoint ph controller I had it in the sump and when the ph dropped to 7.9 it turned it off so I had to add buffer it would turn on then the ph would go back down and turn back off do you use a controller?

I was thinking about hooking it up to my ro/di output to raise the ph it is about 6.5-7.0 I have always had problems with low ph

well I dripped the water comming out like a broken stream and the co2 was 60 per min. I never checked the dkh comming out I did check the ph it was 7.0 and I tried 6.5

well I have a float in the sump and a auto shutoff on the ro so I was going to hook it up between and just let it run would that work? I wanted to do a kalk reactor but never did

I did try the last time to turn it down but the controller keep turning it off how would you start it off so it dosen't drop the ph under 8.0 what should the dkh be?