calcium test kit

halide

I purchased a Seachem calcium test a few months ago and can't seem to get it to test right.I even used there sample test water and up with the same results 900mg/l now if this test was right I don't think my corals would be happy but there fine.So has anybody had the same problem as me with this test.

sharkee

if i understood right from the storekeeper, your test kit might be old or has been exposed to sunlight or heat hence rendering the kit useless. i could be wrong, don't take my word for it but still look into the matter. goo luck

I have been testing my calcium too and it's always over 600 without adding calcium. Alot of my corals died off what seems to be doing really well is my bubbles and hammer. I talked to the store owner and he said it won't hurt the corals you just don't want calcium to get below 400.
Originally posted by Halide:
I purchased a Seachem calcium test a few months ago and can't seem to get it to test right.I even used there sample test water and up with the same results 900mg/l now if this test was right I don't think my corals would be happy but there fine.So has anybody had the same problem as me with this test.