calcium?

jdodd

How much calcium do yall usually add to yall's tanks. My tank is just a 16gal, so what do yall think?:notsure:

nas19320

Every tank is different so test then begin with the manufacturer's reccomended minimum dose and adjust from there.

nm reef

Lot of factors to consider...with your volume you'd need to add way less than I do. Plus if you have numerous calcium loving corals then you'd need more. Best answer I could give is for you to decide what calcium level you want/need to maintain then start with suggested dosage to establish your desired levels. Then increase/decrease depending on results.Also keep in mind that calcium/alkalinity/magnesium and PH all need to remain in balance...fluctuations in one may adversely affect the others. Basically there is much more to supplimenting calcium than just adding a calcium suppliment. If you don't have calcium demanding corals then you may not even "need" to suppliment calcium at all...regular water changes with a quality salt may be enough to maintain calcium in your 16...:thinking: