calcium ?

kcarr

What is to much on clacium levels? And what will happen if levels stay above recommendations? :notsure:

razoreqx

Originally Posted by KCarr
What is to much on clacium levels? And what will happen if levels stay above recommendations? :notsure:
Just to name one thing.. You run the risk of your impellers locking up in your pumps and powerheads.

lepete

500 ppm on the very high. When calcium is high, calcium will partner up with alkaline to form 'sand'. Eventually, your alk level will drop near 0. When this happens, your PH will swing.

jumpfrog

Increase alk and water changes. Also, it never hurts to double check your test kit results. Perhaps by your LFS. Anytime you have a number that's way off and you're not seeing very stressed animals it helps for a double check so you don't try to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
But, you can never go wrong with water changes.
Good Luck!

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by jumpfrog
Increase alk and water changes. Also, it never hurts to double check your test kit results. Perhaps by your LFS. Anytime you have a number that's way off and you're not seeing very stressed animals it helps for a double check so you don't try to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
Good Luck!
I agree with that, also by the way jumpfrog, do you know about the frag swap here in Nashville, TN? It's this saturday from 1-4pm at the Radisson by Opryland Hotel. There's also raffle prizes that's being given if you win, stuffs like corals or HQI MH systems. :happyfish

corally

Originally Posted by jumpfrog
Good Luck!

How do you increase your alkalinity?

milomlo

Well my Calcium is constantly in the 600 range and everyone tells me not to worry. Now I am confussed again.