California surfer films great white sharks circling his board.... CREEPY!

flower

Surf board, kayak...no matter what I would want a bigger boat. I will not go swimming in the ocean even little damsels want to eat you. If the critters in my fish tank bite, I know I can't trust the ocean dwellers.

dragonzim

Gonna have to go with Kayak too. All the pics I've seen of stand up paddle boards have rounded noses, not pointy like the video.
Even so, I dont think I'd be too keen on getting into a kayak with 2 Great Whites in the area, even if they are juvies. One of them could have easily flipped the boat and sent him in the water.

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/3297902
A guy was killed by a shark at Carlsbad a while back while training for a triathlon. I think there was a thread here in the aquarium.
I think they did part of an episode about him during shark week.

rslinger

A dream of mine for sure. I have so much respect for great white sharks such a miss understood thing. I would want a cage at first until i learned more but it would be the greatest to work up to diving with out a cage.

tangman99

It was interesting on shark week where one of the shows was counting down the deadliest sharks and showing the number of fatalities from attacks. While I don't remember them, they were much lower than I would have thought.

levinjac

You know im ok with sharks but a great white such a beautiful animal but i think i would have been scared to death!!!!

shogun323

That is just scary as crap. We have gators all over here and they don't bother me. Sharks are a whole different story. Scary stuff.