Call Me An Idiot

angied

OK MY BROTHER PICKED THIS UP FOR ME LAST NIGHT ...HE SAYS THEY TOLD HIM ITS A EXOTIC MUSHROOM.....I CANT FIND ANYTHING UNDER MUSHROOMS THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS ON THE WEB OR THE MANY SALTWATER BOOKS HE HAS PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE ONLY PAYED 5 BUCKS FOR IT SO WHAT THE HEK IT LOOKS COOL HASNT OPENED YET RIGHT KNOW ITS ON BOTTUM OF TANK SUPOSIVLY IT TAKES LOW LIGHT?????

j-bird

You Idiot......
j/k .... you said to do it.

But anyways, looks like a bubble anemone to me, and they need strong light to survive.

jumpfrog

Possibly a meat coral that's squished laying on it's side. Hard to tell. Don't think I would let it stay on the sand. Can you place it with the rock side down.
Could be a bubble coral, but again laying on it's side and on the sand is not a good thing.
If it's either they like medium to strong light with low flow.

mr.125

Originally Posted by J-Bird
You Idiot......
j/k .... you said to do it.

But anyways, looks like a bubble anemone to me, and they need strong light to survive.
Bubbles can actualy do fine under med-low light~!

Looks like it might be some kind of mushroom...species im unaware of...maybe a pic when its more comfortable might help~!!

rubberduck

Ok they right answer is it is a fox coral. dont realy have much info on it but look it up and see how it likes differnet things. also i would give it a strong light. cool srry i couldnt help but look it up on the boards or somewhere
Btw 5 pucks is a steal for it

travis

angied

Cool Thank You.......know I Have Something To Go From
OK I THINK YOUR RIGHT[FOX CORAL]

PICTURE I FOUND ON WEB ......WHEN IT OPENS IT LOOKS LIKE THIS IS WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE THANK YOU VERY MUCH

rubberduck

yeah they are a soft coral and like medium to strong light. medium flow and they most likly will be happy. also they have been noted to adapt to most tanks. so he should be a good addition to the reef.

also the pic is from speg so thx speg. this is what a healthy one looks like.
travis

angied

Thank You Ill Give It Some Good Loven ...............and Update In A Few Days With Some New Pictures Again Thank You

rubberduck

Originally Posted by angied
Thank You Ill Give It Some Good Loven ...............and Update In A Few Days With Some New Pictures Again Thank You
np im sure it's in good hands.
***)
travis