Calling all pro's

mie

Lets start with what i am running! I have power compacts, about 265 watts (no halides) 75 gal with, a fluval 404, a red sea prizm skimmer tank is 8 months old i make my own ro water and store it, 60 pounds of live rock. Stock list is 1 niger trigger, 1 yellow tang, 1 blue damsel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 scooter blenny, 2 false percs, and 1 coral banded shrimp. two healthy hairy mushrooms, and 1 unkonwn xenia colony Healthy as well. my question is what type of anenomes corals and softies could i SAFELY have without alot of problems thanks for any input

reefkprz

skip anemones, thats just not sufficient lighting for long term health (they live over a hundred years) probably last a year tops under that lighting and thats being generous IMO.
as for softies and LPS you could keep almost any softie and just about any LPS. such as
softies
capnella tree (kenya tree)
pulsing xenia
pom pom xenia
red striped xenia
any mushroom
any zoanthid
finger leathers
toadstools
sponges
just about any depending on you planktonic levels
LPS
euphyllia (frogspawn torch and hammer)
faviidae (trumpet, candy cane same thing)
brain corals (favia, favites)
blastomusa (welsi, and merletti)
any non photosynthetics like sun coral, chilie coral, some types of gorgonian,
there are more but thats a good list to get you started once you own all them I'll list off more........

mie

Wow thanks for the quick reply, anybody else feel free to chime in with your 2 Cents and your favs for my set up

hammerhed7

you should be safe with just about any soft coral, if you want something for your clowns to host, try a frogspawn or torch coral, they have a similar appearance to an anenome, but will do just fine under your lights. I second the eventual removal of the tang and trigger, the yellow will be fine for a while, but at over 12" the trigger is going to produce a huge bioload
good luck!

ninjamini

Dont worry about finding something for the clows to host. They will host what ever they want and they do not need a host.