Calling Tank Owners!!

r22wink

Not Trying to be nosey, but I am wondering what size tank everyone has, and what they paid for it. I am trying to find out if tank prices round here are legit.. thank you...
please say whether its acrylic or glass and the shape pleae... thank you..

speg

46 gal bowfront Tank + stand + POS light + glass hood + mag drive pump + sump/overflow (was a package deal) came to like $650.... that was the cheap part.

fedukeford

55 gallon regular+ 800 penguin filter+ heater+ 5 damsels+ metal stand+test kit+80 lbs live sand+10 lbs live rock+themometer+hydrometer=$300 GREAT DEAL!!

K

kimc

90gal, custom stand & canopy, light (fixtures no bulbs), wetdry, skimmer, over flow & plumbing, magnum canister filter, sand and rock $800

tinmanny

KimC that was a good price
I paid $327.00 for the tank drilled and drain kit
About $150.00 for wood for the stand
Sump and Skimmer Will be $575.00
For my 90g All Glass
and I shopped around

maurice

I am curious from seeing some of these prices if these tanks are new or used when they were bought?I just ordered a new 150 drilled with overflow and it cost me $973.00 new.My stand&canopy plus all the supplies will make me pull my hair out if i added them up!

teresaq

I bought a 150 drilled with stand and canopy for 1300.00 and i stillhave to but the stand pipes and lights.

maurice

TeresaQ,
Did you get oceanview or all glass?I shopped around here for about a month and there was very little difference in the prices so i decided to go ahead and give my money to my favorite lfs,they have gave me deals in the past so i like to return the favor when i can.

teresaq

its a all glass with mega flow. I got it from a wholesale lfs not tooo far from my house, that i had been doing business with. they gave me a good deal, 300.00 off reg price.

sweetdawn

ok who are you someones spouse trying to trick us into admitting what we spend. im onto you
jk my husband asked me yesterday how much ive put into my three tanks. said i dont know I dont keep track. said give me a ball park figure. ok maybe couple thousand on a 55 gallon aggressive 10 fowlr and a thirty gallon reef
someday the man is going to do some research price all this stuff and divorce me

r22wink

lol.. no i wasnt hired by the wife's. just curious to see what everyone paid for their tanks, kinda lets everyone know what the majority price is. cause u know LFS they all say, "ya this is a good price, everywhere else will ask this much." We have to ban together against the monopoly of the LFS.. The UFO's united fish owners..lol...

r22wink

I bought a Acrylic half cyclinder, canopy and stand, 120 gal, 2x96w PC, Wet/Dry, Had to re-plum myself, and build a new stand.. Bought it from a friend for $750.