Calvin Johnson is going for 2000 receiving yards Sunday... never been done before.

crimzy

Let's start by acknowledging that my lions suck... again. Now that's out of the way...
Calvin is the best receiver in the game. His combination of size, strength, speed is unmatched in the league. It also helps that the Matt Stafford is going to set another record this year... for pass attempts. So we throw the ball a lot, and with injuries, Calvin is really the only target left.
Does this number mean anything? I'm excited to root for my guy. He's actually one of the classy, humble guys in the NFL (an anomoly for the "diva" receiver). He broke Jerry Rice's receiving record of 1,848 last week and needs 108 against the bears to attain this elusive record. But even some people around here dismiss the record because it's being done on a team that's going nowhere fast.
Add this to the fact that a lions win keeps the bears out of the playoffs. I find this game to be appealing.
Feel free to discuss the record, your team, or just talk some football in general. And BREAK...
Red 24, blue 32, hut hut hut...

You want to know what I remember best about Calvin Johnson? The day that my poor Clemson Tigers were up 21-24 with 17 seconds left against Georgia Tech. All we had to do was PUNT the football on fourth down and the game was over. So what happens? Our long snapper completely botches the snap, flies past the punter, and GT gets the ball with like 13 seconds or so left. Guess what happens next? I'll let you watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JL6YQsw7Y4

crimzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///t/393919/calvin-johnson-is-going-for-2000-receiving-yards-sunday-never-been-done-before#post_3505679
You want to know what I remember best about Calvin Johnson? The day that my poor Clemson Tigers were up 21-24 with 17 seconds left against Georgia Tech. All we had to do was PUNT the football on fourth down and the game was over. So what happens? Our long snapper completely botches the snap, flies past the punter, and GT gets the ball with like 13 seconds or so left. Guess what happens next? I'll let you watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JL6YQsw7Y4
He's amazing and a class act. We are lucky to have him here, however I see him as being Barry Sanders reincarnate.

reefraff

Sanders was a class act. Like OJ he did a lot on a crappy team. Difference is he only stayed around long enough to do what he wanted to do then moved on with his life. He had at least another 5 years in him when he left.

crimzy

Sanders was a class act. Like OJ he did a lot on a crappy team. Difference is he only stayed around long enough to do what he wanted to do then moved on with his life. He had at least another 5 years in him when he left.
The lions drove him from the game. This team will torture you if you care about it. It's unfortunate that Barry was never traded to a contender to get a chance at superbowls and playoff runs. He may have stayed around to break the all time record.

darthtang aw

The lions drove him from the game. This team will torture you if you care about it. It's unfortunate that Barry was never traded to a contender to get a chance at superbowls and playoff runs. He may have stayed around to break the all time record.
I actually respect himmore that he did retire instead of moving to another team. As a cowboy fan I have more respect for Barry than I do Emmitt for this sole reason.