Camera advice needed

silverdak

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...l.do#prodspecs
what do you all think of that as an intermediate camera? its no SLR but its better than the point and shoot style. I know its considered a point and shoot but this one seems to have more features and more zoom...?? I have a tight budget and this one would fit in it. I am no expert picture photographer but I want it for my soccer team I coach ( fast moving shots) my truck, fish tank, friends the usual stuff

silverdak

the camera is a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3/B 8.1-Megapixel Digital Camera
just in case my link gets removed.. don't see why it would as its not a competitor of a fish site haha

N

nemo_66

hmm... well, im not so much a sony fan, since i do sport canons, so cant help you out there. but i do think that you will get more responses from the fish photography forum, assuming that you do want to take pictures of your tank. if you dont, then i would suggest you join some sony camera forums....

jeanheckle

I have this camera and it's been great for point and shot. I have found that I have outgrown it since I can't use it to take the macro shots I need for my tank.

silverdak

ya I plan on using it for a bunch of differnt things, some tank, truck sports all sortf of stuff, both still and moving objects. I am just looking for a good quality camera that takes good pictures and isnt a SLR camera as I dont think I am ready for one haha

ruaround

good camera IMO for begginer... BUT if your intntion is to get a DSLR save your money until you can get one... you can get a great DSLR for under $500...

morval

dont be scared of DSLR. cheaper entry level ones are as easy as a point and shoot with better settings

silverdak

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/2796669
I always use this site in ANY camera purchase. Very very helpful. AND I am in the photo biz. Not taking or selling but producing. Good Luck!

www.dpreview.com
thanks! looks like its a great site! seems to have rated the sony higher then the Fugi one too and the sony is less money!