can a 75 gallon hold enough rock for a mandrin?

sandman12

I was thinking of getting a 40 or 50 gallon but was wondering if a 75 gallon will do it for a mandrin , if so i want to get a 75 gallon.

id say yes
ive had one in a 55 for around a year now
just wait untill you have a huge pod. population
my tank was up over a year and my mandrin wiped them
out in about six months
paul

z28

i have a phsycodelic and a green manderin in my 75.......with a 40 gallon fuge that has alot and i mean alot of pods for em..........the llil green one beatrs on the way bigger one all the time...............the lil green one is a femaLE AND THE OTHER IS A MALE I THINK SHE IS HORNY...LOL

sandman12

hahaha thats halrious, Iam sooooo confused. First i dunno if i can even get a 75 gallon, if not i want a 50. And then i dont know weather i want it aggresive or not.
I want a manderin, angler or 2, flame angler, and mabe a black trigger. Rthey comapatable or like worst enomies.
I just wanna break down and crie:( lol

bdhough

To keep draonettes you need 100+ lbs of pourous rock. Pourous rock is the key as the pods will multiply in the mini caves and sand. You need to give the pods months (6+) to multiply as well. Another important factor to keeping one alive is to get them eating other food sources such as frozens or live brine shrimp. That way you know you can feed them something....

clarkiiboi

Dont just consider the amount of LR, but look at the life (pods) coming from the LR. If you do get one, wait till tank is established, pod pop. is up, find a way to supplement the pod pop. growth, and make sure before you buy to see if it eats anything else---make the LFS feed it, dont take their word for it! HTH

So what does the mandarin eat now that he has wiped out the pod population?
im one of the lucky ones
mine eats frozen misys
paul