Can Anybody Add To My List?

I will be getting a 180gallon tank here fairly soon, so I am trying to pre plan out the fish I want. I know its going to be an aggressive fish only tank. What Ive started so far on the list is:
1 Blue Line Trigger
1 Snowflake Eel
1 Emperor Angel
1 Red Coris Wrasse
Now what else would go well in that tank? Would a Lunar and Red Coris wrasse be okay in the same tank? I like the Achilles Tang but have heard mixed things on the range of hardiness. Any ideas on what other fish would do well in this tank? Thank you!

aw2x3

Red Coris and Lunar will NOT be ok together. Red Coris really do deserve a bigger tank, as well. They're big, fast and bold.
It really wont matter anyway. Once that Blue Line reaches aprox. 6", you're gonna have a species only tank, once he's done destroying everything else.

Originally Posted by AW2x3
Red Coris and Lunar will NOT be ok together. Red Coris really do deserve a bigger tank, as well. They're big, fast and bold.
It really wont matter anyway. Once that Blue Line reaches aprox. 6", you're gonna have a species only tank, once he's done destroying everything else.
What do you mean?

What do you mean, what do I mean?
Well ive been researching the blue line and everyone and every where ive read has said they are aggressive but no mentionings of it needing to be a species only set up for him. at the LFS i used to work for we had a Queen Trigger and some sort of psuedo i cant remember together and they did just fine. You dont think a Blue line would do okay in that type of tank? arent the other fish bold enough to hold their own and equal it all out?

aw2x3

That Psuedo was probably ok because the Queen couldn't catch it.
Queens, Blue Lines, Clowns, Undulate...they'll all make a tank species only eventually.
Their territory is just so large that they'll kill everything they can find, unless you can provide some gargantuan tank...something like 500gal. or bigger. Even then, it's not guaranteed that you wont come home to a tank full of dead fish, one day.
It's not a matter of if...it's a matter of when.

That Psuedo was probably ok because the Queen couldn't catch it.
Queens, Blue Lines, Clowns, Undulate...they'll all make a tank species only eventually.
Their territory is just so large that they'll kill everything they can find, unless you can provide some gargantuan tank...something like 500gal. or bigger. Even then, it's not guaranteed that you wont come home to a tank full of dead fish, one day.
It's not a matter of if...it's a matter of when.

Dang NABIT every fish I really want i cant have lol. :( le sigh. I do not like the look of a niger trigger, too plain. i like something that stands out.

sharkboy13

i dono if uve searched the boards but w/ a almost indefinitely we can all say humus and most triggers related will be extremely agg amd r murderers. if u need a trigger get bluejaws or a crosshatch as theyre kinda reef safe and r less prone to snap

Okay:
1 Snowflake Eel
1 Emperor Angel
1 Red Coris Wrasse
1 Humu Humu or Assassi Trigger?
180g tank...any other suggestions on what can go in with these guys and would compliment them.

sharkboy13

ditch the trigger dude, most will get real nasty, just like teenagers. coris wrasse will need a bigger tank no doubt, well with those two gone id put in a desjardini sailfin as they are beautiful and can easily hold their own. oh duhr u need a lion
go w/ a volitan russels or maybe a antennata.

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
ditch the trigger dude, most will get real nasty, just like teenagers. coris wrasse will need a bigger tank no doubt, well with those two gone id put in a desjardini sailfin as they are beautiful and can easily hold their own. oh duhr u need a lion
go w/ a volitan russels or maybe a antennata.

Okay so if I ditch the concept of a Trigger in this tank... does anyone know where I can locate pictures of different Lionfish Species...ive seen the ones here but was wondering if I could find more. I like the Antennatas. So the Coris Wrasse will out grow a 180? What about a Lunar? Or is there a wrasse you could suggest that would do well in that tank.

Originally Posted by clowntrigger2k
get a pinktail trigger and a powder blue or powder brown tang

What about any of these?
Achilles
Chevron
Clown
Palani
And would a tang be okay in a tank with a Lionfish?

What about Puffers in that tank? Would a puffer be okay in that species list? or no. Also I was just looking at a Flying Fish they have here on this website...does anybody have any compatibility lists on those guys?

sharkboy13

tangs and lions r ok, ive got a fu manchu and a mimic, as far as a tang go w/ any of the species from the genus zebramosa (aka yellows sailfins etc etc) or those from the genuses of naso and acantharus. achilles tho beautiful r not well suited for the aquarium, im not sure y but ive heard they r no-nos. remind me again tho what r the dimensions?

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
tangs and lions r ok, ive got a fu manchu and a mimic, as far as a tang go w/ any of the species from the genus zebramosa (aka yellows sailfins etc etc) or those from the genuses of naso and acantharus. achilles tho beautiful r not well suited for the aquarium, im not sure y but ive heard they r no-nos. remind me again tho what r the dimensions?

couldn't be more right. i've got a large volitan with a yellow and a sailfin together along with a niger. it's just one big happy family.

nictavius

Go with the Pinktail trigger and a Russel's lionfish....The pinktail are very good looking and don't get as aggressive....