Can anyone identify my new little lion????

calylove

I was in a LFS that I had never been to before today and saw this little guy. He was labeled a Dwarf Lion. Thats all the info the girl knew and it was in this very small cube tank with a plastic plant and I couldn't resist. I had been looking for a fuzzy dwarf for size reasons but this guy just looks too cool . I am having trouble identifying him though. Can anyone tell me which type of dwarf, or if he even is a dwarf and not just a baby. Thanks :help:
ps He is only about an inch and half long

cartman101

Oh great, someone has to post a picture of their new lion they got when my new lion died
:mad:
J/k!!! Its definitly a dwarf lionfish, maybe a zebra dwarf lion? Did you research him beofre buying????? Nice fish

calylove

Yeah I had done some research and decided I really liked the fuzzy lions but when I saw this guy I couldn't resist. The pics don't do justice, he's really cool looking.

gasguzzler

It doesnt look like a fuzzy dwarf to me. Maybe its the pics. It looks like its too "neat" to be a fuzzy. Looks more like a juvi Antennata or Russells. Maybe a Volitain too I guess. Really nice looking though.

gasguzzler

Yeah, it looks more like a russells or zebra. The pec fins arent long enough for an antennata and there isnt enough stripes for a juvi volitain.

gamedawg

Those are not Russells, russells are very close to volitans, but different stripes, theya re very hard to tell apart. That is a Radiata. I know because I want one!!! They are a medium sized lion, not a dwarf, but won't get as big as a volitans.

cartman101

yeah your lion is definitly a dwarf zebra lionfish

Gasguzzler, that was a mean thing to do! But dont worry my next lion will not look like a wimp like yours does

whitey

He really does. Just has that look like "I'm afraid of everything."
My percula could prob take him down.