can anyone pet there fish

davidsmith

i can pet my porky puffer and snow flake eel its cool my eel lays in my hand and swims threw my finger the puffer lays in my palm

krishj39

my FW oscars let me pet them, wouldn't say they love it though.
my LMB once climbed into my palm and wouldn't leave me alone. It would follow my hand all over the tank and hug my fingers or sit in my palm. to the point it was annoying because I couldn't do anything in the tank. he even let me lift him out of the water, he actually clung to my hand so he could stay with it instead of letting go and staying in the water. crazy fish i tell you, crazy fish. hasn't done it since then though.

lharm

One time i caught a 4 inch lawnmower blenny and he stayed calm enough for me to pet him. But later he decided to pet me.... WITH HIS TEETH... didnt hurt but it gave me a shock.

robb

Originally posted by Jillian Ayers
Stupid question, what does LMB stand for?

I think it means Lawnmower Blenny.:)

slothy

my old oscar and albino channel cat let me pet them, hand feed it.. my decorator crabs and skunks walk right into my hands with open claws looking for food. (they get hand feed every other day).. MY clown i can hand feed.. but to small to pet lol

dreeves

One of my seahorses will always come to your finger and wrap her tail around your finger. All the time at the glass when you walk up. Pretty cool the individuality some fish can demonstrate.

I love to pet my pork puffer, very cool, also when I have gone night diving most of fishes are asleep so you can start petting and grabing them like boxfishes, turtles, and then the eels that are awake are very energetic and fun to pet.

bluemarlin

Thank goodness!!!!! My family and friends have always thought I was wierd for petting my fish. I've done it with freshwater and salt. Oscars used to fight over who was getting my attention. I had a spotted grouper that would let me pet it. All day it hung out in a cave in the tank and when I'd come into the room it would see me and swim up to the top. Very easy to train fish to do this. Food! I used to pet them and then offer food as reinforcement for their actions.
You woldn't believe the stupid looks I get sometimes. :D

debbers

My clowns are li'l nippers... my blenny? Maybe one day.
I had some white mollies in my FW tank that would LOVE me to pet them. Used to crack my son up to no end... "Mommy, pet the fish, PET THE FISH!!"
:D

reeferdude

My bamboo shark loves to be picked up and petted, he gets hand feed everyday but I think I am gonna quit doing that because I dont think he can tell the differance between squid and my hand.

pmauro

I had a 10" panther Grouper that I hand fed from the time he/she was 2" long and it loved to be petted right after eating, kind of weird petting a fish with 3 or 4 fish tails hanging out of his mouth.

luvmyundulatus

My Undulated will splash at the surface to get you to pet him.He willfloat on his side so tou can pet him.Peppermint Shrimp also seem very friendly but I think they just want the BBQ sauce off of my fingers.

lharm

I got to pet one of my goldfish in our pond. Their funny little guys.
One has a very well developed tail.