Can anyone tell me the gender of my undulated?

S

shark bait

I don't see ich. A good spot to see it is the fins it will be small white dots and will soon end up all over the body. Triggers with ich are more rare than other fish. I have seen it but rare. Why do you want to know the ---. You could not put to in a tank, it would be bad, very bad....

aw2x3

I don't see ich, either...could be in the fins tho and we're just not seeing it.
Back to the question, about ---...
You cannot tell the --- of any Trigger species. Both males and females have the same coloration, etc. Sorry.

beach bum

Originally Posted by AW2x3
I don't see ich, either...could be in the fins tho and we're just not seeing it.
Back to the question, about ---...
You cannot tell the --- of any Trigger species. Both males and females have the same coloration, etc. Sorry.

Yes, you can tell the --- of some triggers - blue jaws, crosshatches, and undulateds - maybe others I don't know of.
The female undulated retains the stripes on the snout whereas the male loses them. I would give a maturity of say 4-5" before even hazrading a guess though. But if yours is 4" plus and still has the stripes it is most likely a female. nice fish.

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by I-Love-Pontiac
Oh gross! Is it going to end up looking like this ?!
Wow.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by beach bum
Yes, you can tell the --- of some triggers - blue jaws, crosshatches, and undulateds - maybe others I don't know of.
The female undulated retains the stripes on the snout whereas the male loses them. I would give a maturity of say 4-5" before even hazrading a guess though. But if yours is 4" plus and still has the stripes it is most likely a female. nice fish.
Sorry...I was definately having a brain fart, when I said you couldn't tell the --- of Triggers.

i-love-pontiac

Oh no! So mine really is going to look like the ugly one :|
I don't even want it anymore. What do I do? Non of the fish places around me will take it.
This sucks. Just when I was getting to like it...

beach bum

I don't even want it anymore. What do I do? Non of the fish places around me will take it.

What are you talking about?/ That "ugly" one is a one in a million albino aberration, yours will be beautiful. so you can relax.

nietzsche

poor fish. :[ now its "ugly" and you just want to get rid of it as fast as possible?

i-love-pontiac

Originally Posted by nietzsche
poor fish. :[ now its "ugly" and you just want to get rid of it as fast as possible?
lol! Well isn't esthetics that the main reason people get fish? Apparently I'm going to have to get a huge tank and everything, and I don't want to have to do that for something I don't even like.
And I hope that is just an albino. I mean I love my fish, but dang. That thing is hideous.

titan

If my memory serves me right that fish was sick, and showing the ill affects of a seriously diseased fish.