can i add all these?

I want to place an order to get the monkey shrimp
My questions is can I add the following to go along with the cleaner shrimp that I already have in my 38 gallon?
Shrimp Gold Coral Banded
(2) Monkey Shrimp, and a
Hawaiian Green Shrimp
That would make 5 shrimp total
If I had to leave one off the order I think it would be the gold CBS
Please advise
I appreciate the help

jonthefb

monkey shrimp eat corals, so be careful!
as for the hawiiam green, not sure and ive never heard of it!
good luck
jon

This is what swf says about the monkey shrimp. If it eats corals would they say that it is not reef safe or at least tell us that ...o by the way these shrimp may eat your corals.
The Monkey Shrimp, a.k.a. Saron or Buffalo Shrimp, is a small compact shrimp that is colored in spots and stripes of brown, tan, white, and green. These shrimp prefer lots of rockwork and to be kept in groups. The Monkey Shrimp has an extended pair of front legs along with a small hump on their tail. They will not harm other aquarium inhabitants and will search for food at night. The Monkey Shrimp is not readily available in the aquarium hobby, but make for a great addition to any tank.
Size: Approximately 1-2"
Care Level: Easy
Temperament: Peaceful
Reef Safe: Yes
Diet: Brine, Flake, Pellet
Origin: Indian Ocean

fshhub

jon is right, they often may and do eat corals
as for which to leave out, I would opt for the CBS, chances are it would eventually becom your oonly shrimp anyhow.
I knownothing about the hawaiian either, but the do look awfully pretty. Which means it could be dangerous.
Just an assumption with No justification, except that most beautiful things in marine aquaria resort to another means of defense.
ie, big powwerful jaws, poison, claws, many many examples.

barry769

I put a vote in for no Coral Banded, I have one in my tank right now, and am minus one Banggai Cardinal, and it is chasing my cleaner shrimp around the tank looking for another meal. Hopefully this afternoon will see his return to the lfs.

I wonder if I can get a mated pair of gold cbs from this site.
Can somebody with some shrimp knowledge please give me some advise. I have one cleaner shrimp and I want some more other types of shrimp. What will be safe to put into a 38 gallon tank with alot of soft coral that already has a cleaner shrimp? What, and how many do you recommend?
Look at this on that I found, its blue!

hhands361

CBS's are known to sometimes be kinda of agressive. I have one and its not exactly friendly, but it would never harm any of my fish. IMO i wouldn't add two CBS's to a 38 that already has a cleaner, might cause some agression.

does anyone know anything about this Hawaiian Green Shrimp?
can i put him in with my cleaner?
will he just hide during the day?
will he eat soft corals?
anyone know?

cosmo

I have a CBS in with two cleaners and three peppermint shrimp and the CBS keeps to himself. I've never seen the smallest bit of aggression from him.
cosmo

hhands361

CBS's are all different. One will be friendly and kind, and the next will find a goby for lunch. I agree with stevo. 38 is a heck of a lot closer than 125

cosmo

yes but you also have 125 gallons
True, but sometimes the CBS and the peppermints hang out on the same rock just inches from each other. It might just be the tempermint of my CBS.
cosmo