can i and should i add any more fish

naclfish

55g 60-75lbs lr 2inch sand stock list yellow fin angel,royal grama,perc clown(sorry bang guy),blenny,purple fire fish,sally crab,skunk shrimp, serpent star,20-30 turbos 15 nas and a cc starfish. also i just upgraded from pc to t5ho so im going to add some coral and i know i gotta get rid of the cc starfish any ideas would help. should i not add fish?

sepulatian

How long has this tank been set up? If it is under a year, then stop adding fish, please. Don't add anything else at all. Like I said, unless this is a very mature tank then you have way too much going on at once. Please start by telling us when you set this tank up. Please give exact readings for ammonia, PH, nitrite, nitrate, SG, and temp. What equipment is on this tank?

crypt keeper

you have like every kickass colorful small reef fish! That is probably a cool tank! Watchmen would do great in that set up.

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by naclfish
http:///forum/post/2961039
55g 60-75lbs lr ,20-30 turbos

20-30 turbos in a 55...holy snails batman...are you counting these in the weight of your live rock?

crypt keeper

yeah you need like 5 to 7 turbos as they get pretty big and will strip a tank of any hair algae and algae in general then die on you if you dont have enough. 20 is way too many

trouble93

Originally Posted by naclfish
http:///forum/post/2961039
55g 60-75lbs lr 2inch sand stock list yellow fin angel,royal grama,perc clown(sorry bang guy),blenny,purple fire fish,sally crab,skunk shrimp, serpent star,20-30 turbos 15 nas and a cc starfish. also i just upgraded from pc to t5ho so im going to add some coral and i know i gotta get rid of the cc starfish any ideas would help. should i not add fish?
With that many turbos can you see into your tank? I would say stop and not add anything else. Even if it's a mature tank your talking about only 55gals. and if it's a new tank you have to give your beneficial bacteria chance to catch up with your large bio-load. 6-8 turbos in enough for a 55gal. tank.

jackri

I have like 3 - 4 turbos in my 90 but I have 100 astrea snails.
Your fish load doesn't seem too bad... depending on the age of the tank but I would keep it small.

naclfish

That was a mistake there are astrea not turbo i only have a few of then my bad as for the age of the tank its like 4plus years its only been in the 55 for like 4 months my old tank started to leak out of the blue but i save all the water and rock and sand and such bout 60 to 75lbs live rock asm skimmer k-3 power heads sump and a magum canister for carbon and water polish t5 ho lights water parm's are good