Can I get a SFE

teaggs

I have a 125 now that is pretty well stocked up but I would like to get a small or medium sized SFE. I have a 38 gallon sump with a MAg 18 an a ASM G3 skimmer so the tank stays clean and I have 100 or so lbs. of liverock and about 75lbs of live sand. I have a panda face puffer that is 7in and a porc puffer that is about 6 in and a lion that is 7in and a bursa trigger that is 4 in and a small moray eel nice shore of the species but it is about 10 in. Could i put this Sfe that I want in there or would it just really overload my tank?

teaggs

Originally Posted by 46bfinga
really depends on what that small moray is?you have any pics?
no i dont but it kinda is a grayish looking with some blacks dots similar to jeweled but i dont think that it is and the eel is really little and it stays in side of this huge rock in my tank and never comes out except to poke out to get food from feeder stick

unleashed

i dont think you will will have an over loaded tank by adding the SFE yet but in time most of these fish will outgrow the tank. as for extra bioload i dont know what your routine is for waterchanges % and how often but you my find that adding just one more species to your tank may increase the need for a little added water changes dpending on your feeding schedule that is..your trigger may also create some issues with adding a new eel to your tank these fish can be quite territorial and are not always very nice to newcommers .this goes to say for most triggers in general.picking at sleeping eels may become an issue just depending on your fishes personality and the newcommers fi you decide to add another eel to your tank just watch them closely as to avoid any aggressive or harrassing confrontations.. i hope this helps

teaggs

Originally Posted by unleashed
i dont think you will will have an over loaded tank by adding the SFE yet but in time most of these fish will outgrow the tank. as for extra bioload i dont know what your routine is for waterchanges % and how often but you my find that adding just one more species to your tank may increase the need for a little added water changes dpending on your feeding schedule that is..your trigger may also create some issues with adding a new eel to your tank these fish can be quite territorial and are not always very nice to newcommers .this goes to say for most triggers in general.picking at sleeping eels may become an issue just depending on your fishes personality and the newcommers fi you decide to add another eel to your tank just watch them closely as to avoid any aggressive or harrassing confrontations.. i hope this helps
I will be able to get a bigger tank in about 2 yrs at the most and my trigger now never messes with anything and basically everything in my tank gets along well since i keep them fed