Can I get some id help please

bnutz24

Bought some live rock and found a few surprises some good my first zoos and some I am not sure of please help me out. The last are my first zoos and they seem to be doing well. BTW all this is on only one rock about 5in tall and 4 -6in wide.

dragonzim

The first pic is Aiptasia which is a nuisance anemone. You definitely DO NOT want these in your tank. They can spread quickly and sting other corals. You need to get rid of it. There are a few options. You can either inject them with boiling water or lemon juice or get this stuff from your local fish store called Joe's Juice. Works great.
Not sure about the other items in the pics.

autofreak44

Originally Posted by DragonZim
The first pic is Aiptasia which is a nuisance anemone. You definitely DO NOT want these in your tank. They can spread quickly and sting other corals. You need to get rid of it. There are a few options. You can either inject them with boiling water or lemon juice or get this stuff from your local fish store called Joe's Juice. Works great.
Not sure about the other items in the pics.
not to forget that peppermint shrimp have an apetite for aipstasia but they will only take eat the aiptasia if the shrimp decides to make his territory around it... the other little things look kinda like hydroids but i thought they only grew on snails and stuff... and i have no idea what the 2nd pic is... nice zoos!

miaheatlvr

I have 2 aptasia and they are far from and not touching anything, aht they have been there a year, I think they are pretty so I have left them, BUT you do as you see fit.

reefer545

2nd pic looks like a nudibranch to me. Possibly the kind that eat aiptasia too. Cool hitchers less the aiptasia

bnutz24

I would repost a better pic but I can't find him or the brown crab that hitched on the rock weird well if they get outta hand I will do what needs to be done but for now leaving alone for now let nature be nature
just really excited about the hitchhickers I got here not alot of linf in the tank as it is still reletivley new
now I have something to watch