Can I have Anemones with a Green Wolf Eel?

dejay

I have a Green Wolf Eel on hold at Jacks waiting for my tank to cycle. Its almost done!!! A good buddy of mine has some REALLY coold Anemones, and I was wondering if I can have them in the tank with my green wolf eel? I also just wanted to let everyone know I finally got about 30 lbs of Live Rock. A LPS called Pet Land here where I live is running a speacil, 50% off live rock. So its 3.97 a pound. So that should push my tank along, I hope.

matrix2316

Green wolf eels are extremely hardy fish. I believe they are in the blenny family and can live through about anything. Some people use eels to help cycle tanks cause they are almost bulletproof. So first you should be able to put your green wolf eel in the tank at anytime. Second, most anemones have to have great water quality and lighting. The waste from the eel will not mix well with the water the anemones need. Plus its not a good idea to put anemones with eels or shark cause of the poor eyesight of most. Accidental touching of them can led to alot of stress on the animals themselves. Good luck with the eel be ready to feed alot cause they like to eat. Fun to watch also

saltfisher

Yeah, you can have those. It will stay away. However, I would not get. You can never run copper with that.
I told you Jack's had that eel. They have em all the time.

dejay

I was going to feed the green wolf, and my lion fish mainly ghost shrimp, and sometimes rosely reds for show. How often and how much should I do that?

I

irenicus

I would ween off Ghost Shimp and to frozen food, like krill, cocktail shrimp, and silver sides