can i have these corals?

spun710

I have a 29 gallon with 50 lbs of lr, an emporer 400 filter, a powerhead, and 130w pc lights...am i able to keep an open brain coral and zoos? righ tno i have mushrooms and gsp and they are doing great...what type of light and water flow do the brain and zoos like? Also right now i have crushed coral, can i add ls on top of that without taking everything out of my tank?:thinking:

mjsdas

i've got a 46 gal with 192 watt PC which is basically equivalent to what you have. I've got a green brain and some zoos that are doing great.
i think the brain likes moderate water flow and the zoanthids will do best under moderate as well.
i personally dont really like crushed coral at all. But all i can picture while adding live sand on top of it is your water getting very very cloudy and sand everywhere, If i were doing it i would probably use a cup with a cover on it, fill it with sand, cover it, put it in the bottom of the tank, and SLOWLY dump the sand on top trying not to disturbe it, and then go back for some more sand. HTH