Can I Keep Puffer's,trigger's,lionfish And Large Angel With A Shark?

jscarb2

this is what i want to do but want to ask first. this is what i have now
1 porcupine puffer
1 honeycomb puffer
1 dogface puffer
1 Niger trigger
1 picaso trigger
1 dwarf zebra lion
this is what i want to add 1 or 2 large angels a harlequin tusk a sohal tang and this is where i get real unsure a small bamboo shark maybe 2. the tank is a 180 with 200 gallon sump now but i am building a much larger tank not sure how big yet but at least 8l x 3h x front to back not sure all these fish a very small right now the biggest is2.5 inches can i do the shark? And should I do the angels or forget them?

flatzboy

From what i've read you will have a disaster with that combo of fish. First off all those puffers most likely won't get along and will fight. Secondly triggers will nip at the sharks fins and the lions fins and puffers sometimes do to.
Hope this helps,
Rhett:D

liontamer

Id say, save the lions life and switch the lion with a harlequin tusk, cuz puffers and triggers nip a lions fins away until they die. Sohal tangs are hardy creatures, and you could put maybe one in a 180, cuz they do get huge. The tusk and tang should get along with the other fish u have, but no shark. I wouldnt chance it. They are too exposed too fish with beaks, like puffers and triggers. It would be a goner.

zemuro114

each of those fish will grow more then 8 inches cept the lion. I hope your new tank is going to be 500+ gallons. The triggers you have arn't to aggressive but then again its all about the individual... u may get a mean one. I'de say get rid of lion, get a tusk. No sharks. If you do upgrade (BIg upgrade) then consider angels.. still i wouldn't do a shark puffers will be fine in a large tank. keep them fed.. and watch them. :) hope this helps

gkp

as far as the angels some would not work....... But some angels are cleaner fish for sharks. I guess it all depends on the type of shark.
As for the lion I thought my large lion was safe with some smaller sharks, (about 12 inches) till i saw my horn shark ripp all the side fins along with the spines off and crunch them up like we do dry spegetty.

jscarb2

i want a Banded Cat Shark - Chiloscyllium punctatum
Also known as: Brownbanded Bamboo, Banded Cat Shark
the angels i am interested in are imperator,asfur,and Maculosus Angel. dont think i can keep all 3 together but these are the ones i am looking at.getting 1 of unless i can keep them together?have had a few people say they would work in the 500+ tank. THIS IS WHY IM ASKING. NOT TO GET FLAMED BUT TO BE EDUCATED!

cubuffs

Thanks for asking this question. I am really glad that you are asking this before you bought the fish.
To sum up everything, you cannot keep angels, tangs, triggers, wrasses, or puffers in with a shark or ray species; they are too vulnerable to getting their fins bit, or their eyes eaten. With that said, I think that you could have a wonderful tank if you exclude the shark. I hope that this gives you some help, but I am sure others will jump in as well.

liontamer

Yea, sharks are best left for species only tanks. U could keep a bamboo shark with a lionfish and stingrays, gasguzzler has and his tank looks sweet. But then ud have to get rid of all of yer other fish, which defeats the purpose in a sense. Yer tank could be awesome man, just stay away from a shark, maybe subsititue a tusk for a lion, and then u could probably get some angels. In that size tank, as long as yer willing to spend a lot of time and money, u could definitely keep the fish u already have, plus a tusk and some angels. That would be beautiful. Colrful, swimming fish in an enrionment that they can actually move around in. Thatll be in my dreams tonight for sure:thinking:

gkp

.........AS I stated before some angels are shark cleaner fish, I dont know all of them so you would need to do some reserch.
Some examples are Passer angel and the clarion (in witch I think cleans rays any mabe sharks)?

liontamer

But all of the other fish that he has right now are totally NOT compatible, and he wants to keep those fish that he has. So even if he did get a shark, and get certain angels that would be allright with the shark, there are still ouffers and triggers in there that would tear the thing to pieces (eyes, fins,etc)