Can i remove this xenia?

missnano

I have a xenia red sea pom pom. It has grown into three stalks and i told my mom when it grew some i would give her a stalk. How can i remove the xenia the far on the right in the picture? With out having to take the rock with it>?
If that makes sence?

Heres what I do.
Clip it off with scissors and put it in a container with crushed coral and tank water. When the Xenia attaches to the coral, super glue it to a frag plug

flower

Xenia likes to climb, so put a small rock up real close and just above the stalk you want to give away, and it will climb right on. It takes about 3 days to move up and on a new rock. It spreads as it moves by leaving little traces of itself streached between the two rocks.

handbanana

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3237215

Xenia likes to climb, so put a small rock up real close and just above the stalk you want to give away, and it will climb right on. It takes about 3 days to move up and on a new rock. It spreads as it moves by leaving little traces of itself streached between the two rocks.
I did not know this. Awesome awesome awesome!!!

handbanana

I just went to move mine and it is now attached to its origonal rock as well as the rock that thats sitting on.

bornagain

MissNano- Was this the red pom pom you posted about 2 weeks ago on another thread? Just wondering how long it took for the third stalk to grow.
Thanks!