can iadd more fish

pickyone

i currently have a 55 gallon fowlr with an diamond goby,skunk cleaner shrimp,copperbanded angelfish,royal gramma,false percula clown,peppermint shrimp and some snails and hermit crabs. and yes the butterfly fish is eating very well on the food i feed him.was thinking of adding a yellow tang or maybe not. what do you all think.all water parameters are very well ,just tested an hour ago.thank you

pickyone

do you think that i could maybe add 1 or 2 more fish. does someone know what the general rule is of fish per gallon of water, and do you count the shrimps,snails and hermit crabs when calculating the amount of fish per gallon .thank you

mynewlove

a yellow tang does not need a 55 all to himself, i have one with 5 other fish in a 55 gallon and he is doing great!

mudplayerx

When your yellow tang grows larger it is going to start slashing other fish open with the barb in its tail....that is if it doesnt die from stress-induced disease prior to that.
Just trying to help out.

hot883

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
When your yellow tang grows larger is is going to start slashing other fish open with the barb in its tail....that is if it doesnt die from stress-induced disease prior to that.
Just trying to help out.
I truly agree mud. Great advice.
Here's advice to the two others: pickyone and mynewlove. Don't bite the hands that feedyou. Meaning you have no experience AT ALL so don't get all upity and say ADVICE from a seasoned hobbiest is "off the wall" he just might know whats he's talking about. You can feel free to report back to me (if ya want) in about 2 months and tell me how your tang is doing. In my opinion (IMO) he will probbaly be dead from strees induced ICH.