Can it be done?

wingzfan

My iPod mini finally gave up on me after about four years. I don't really want to get another iPod, I want to get a Zune. However, I have a ton of music from iTunes store and suposedly it has "copyright laws" or whatever on it and I can't put it into the Zune software because it's totally encrypted. I find this so frustrating because I bought the music, so I should be able to do what I want with it.
Anyway, is there any way at all I can get this music to work on a Zune or am I pretty much screwed?

crashbandicoot

I am not a computer geek but I think that your just out of luck . i-anything is just a pain . Half the time I can't sink up my i-tunes and mp3's on my computer .

teresaq

what I do is burn a disk, then copy it to my computer to another music program. Then I can sync to my daughters mp3.
T

wingzfan

Teresa, thats what i was thinking about doing but my understanding is that you cant do that with these super-restrictive laws. Do you have iTunes?
Crash, I agree w/ you. I regret getting iTunes.

teresaq

I hate the I tunes site, its a pain, but yes. I am burning one now. if you are on the screen that has your play lists, at the top it has differant thing to click on, click on store and then click authorize computer, then you can burn cds. They are your songs, you bought them, use them
T

teresaq

no, my son has an Ipod, and my daugher has an mp3, So to share the music I have to burn and down load
T

crashbandicoot

When you have 300 cd's and over 1500 mp3's trying to sync things with itunes is just a headache . Of course in hind site I should have bought a bigger ipod but didn't think about it at the time

npage

Save yourself the hassle of ripping cds. Google "doubletwist" .com.
It has a "Liberating your iTunes music purchases" feature.
Sound like just what you need. And its free!

jacknjill

I just go to my itunes library, highlight (hold the shift or control button down to select more than one at a time) the songs i want, right click, and copy them. Then go to my documents or where ever and create a new folder. Open the new folder, right click, paste, (i usually move to a flash drive to save cds), and im good to go. Then you can open the songs up with any program you want. Hope this helps :)