can light harm fish?

well weird things have been happening to my tank. first of all its 60 gallons and has the lighting 2X150 with some actinics. recently i've had many fish die on me and only my coral beauty and wrasse are alive. all my water coditions are perfect ammonia 0, nitrite0 nitrate 0 ph 8.2, calcium 430 etc. most recently it was a juvenile clown sweetlips. i know these are really hard to feed but he was eating fine. so now my question is that can my MH actually discomfort the fish?

teen

possibly if youre leaving them on for any longer than 12 hours. they should be on between 6 and 10 hours IMO, 8 hours is a good amount of time.
otherwise i would lean towards something else. possibly temp/ pH/ alk swings. stray voltage? whats your flow like?

zeroc

like anything else fish can get sun burn but i don't think you have enough light to do it and if you have rock ledges to hide in and get out of the "sun", light is not your issue.

mudplayerx

You will not be capable of sunburning a fish in your tank, even if you bought all of the metal halide lights in your city and put them above the tank.
However, fish can be harmed by the lights if you don't gradually acclimate them by adding the light little by little.