Can one mix a Yellow and Naso Tang in established tank?

uvm-med

It has been a while since my last post (1 1/2 years!)and have changed my setup a bit, I now have a 90gal with 40gal sump/fuge, but crappy lights... (160watts NO). I'm going to wait to go full reef until I move and I can get better lighting, but do have some blue shrooms that survive but don't thrive. I have resigned myself to FOWLR until better lights, but the tank has gotten a bit dull in the past 2 years. I now have a Yellow tang, False P. Clown, Yellow tail damsel, and 2 PJ cardinals (which are HUGE!) These have all been in the tank for almost 3 years, and would like another fun fish to bring the tank to life. (I also have a 55 with a Lionfish and Snowflake eel) So the big question is, is it possible to add a Naso Tang if I rearraged my rocks (about 75lbs of LR in DT) or is this just to much to expect from my Yellow tang?

hoycetee

the minimum tank size for a naso is 125 gallon tank, they require lots of swimming room and places to hide

uvm-med

I guess that is a no, too bad, they really look nice, any ideas for a fun attractive fish in this tank that won't be harrased?

blemmy_guy

But to answer your questtion, just in case you ever get a bigger tank. Yes you can. I have the 2 in my 125 and they get along fine. Goodluck ! and sorry you cant get a naso, there really cool!!
Todd

E

exile415

It sucks that such a beautiful fish needs such as large system ..

sleasia

I have a 200 gal tank. I do have a blonde naso tang and a yellow tang. No problems with them, but the naso is larger than the yellow tang. I wouldn't put a small little tiny naso in with a big ferocious cocky and mean yellow tang (which is probably an accurate description for all yellow tangs) Yellow tangs are pretty, but they are also pretty mean!!

blemmy_guy

sleasia!! Thats about the most accurite description ive ever heard of the yellow tang!! good job!!! Todd

bergamer

i have a 90g and at one point had a naso and then bought a yellow tang and the naso went to town on the yellow tang, tried to rip off his lips and attacked him with his tail. I had to take the yellow tang out after 20 minutes