Can rain water be used for making saltwater? Pic of my tank.

cjason3041

just curious...could you put rain water through a RO/DI filter and then it should be GTG right?....now keep in mind you have to pressurize it and there is waste, but in theory it would work right??....but prolly a waste of time?

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Poop_heaD
I wouldn't suggest it either. Like Hagfish suggested it doesn't matter what is around you. Up there the wind is moving pretty fast. Here in areas of utah the water is bad cause of miners mining out in Nevada with stuff like mercury and crap that goes in the air/clouds and carries over here to Utah and then we have to deal with it. I'm not saying it won't work but you never know if there will be any crap in it that your not testing for. Just to big of a risk IMO.
out here in west texas the oilfeild pumps things into the ground that end up in the water-the wateris brine lots of chemicals and stuff it doesn't even look clean in a glass

robert0862

Ok. Everyone has chimed in thats going to. I'll take the chance. Nothing ventured nothing gained, right? Hobbes, we're in the same boat here lol.. Keep in touch buddy. I'll keep you posted, ok? You seem to be the only one that really understands my situation.