Can Sea Horses Get Ick

dogstar

Yes they can, rare but possible. Not the same species of parisite but simular from quick a search. Dont do copper or hypo with SHs.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yes they can, rare but possible. Not the same species of parisite but simular from quick a search. Dont do copper or hypo with SHs.

Thanks, I couldn't find a firm answer?
Mc

ssweet1

Seahorses can get ich however it is ten times more probable for them to get a bacterial infection instead. They have thick scales/skin which isnt good for the ich to adhere too but they have fins near their gills that can get the ich flukes. I lost one of my seahorses to a bacterial infection which was very sad, she must have cut herself on a rock somehow. We tried everything to save her, even feeding through her snout
They are very hard to cure once they get sick unfortunately, Carrie

grumpygils

Originally Posted by SSweet1
Seahorses can get ich however it is ten times more probable for them to get a bacterial infection instead. They have thick scales/skin which isnt good for the ich to adhere too but they have fins near their gills that can get the ich flukes. I lost one of my seahorses to a bacterial infection which was very sad, she must have cut herself on a rock somehow. We tried everything to save her, even feeding through her snout
They are very hard to cure once they get sick unfortunately, Carrie

Thanks Carrie, DO your seahorses eat frozen? So far I have to feed mine live brine. I have only had him for 3 days and he seems healthy but has not eaten much. What is a good diet and feeding shedule?
Mc

darth tang

What kind of horses?
Mine eat frozen Mysis with selcon soaked in. Live brine nutritionally is a bad choice. In the long run they will die from malnutrition unless you do a few thibngs. Raise your brine in vitamin enriched water or get yours onto frozen food with vitamins added. The frozen is easier to do.
The odds of them getting ich are small. However there are many other infections they are suseptible to that fish are not. Research the org site mentioned. A ton of info.