can some one id these W/pics

sharkbait9

i have this blackish grey sponge like blob on my rock next to my shrooms and then on the same piece of rock i have this kind of hard redish stuff

xrayman

Looks kinda like a mushroom the best i can tell from the pic,but i have been known to be wrong lol :notsure:

wax32

The black thing looks like a sponge and the hard reddish stuff looks like coralline algae.

sorcha

The black things looks very similar to something on the back of one of our hermits. That seems to be some kind of a worm, very similar to the ones in the rock. Sort of a long translucent feeler that pulls food into the base.
And I'm pretty sure the reddish/purple stuff is coraline algea. Not a bad thing, but difficult to get off of your glass if you let it go there.

oceana

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
i have this blackish grey sponge like blob on my rock next to my shrooms and then on the same piece of rock i have this kind of hard redish stuff

I do not recall the name right off hand but i do knwo that is a type of tunicate. They are found often on polyps rock and on tonga branch. they do grow and spread in a reef tank.
does not get a hole lot bigger then what you have there. I big them off when i see them becasue i find it kind of ugly but it will not harm anything.

sharkbait9

well as long as it don't hurt the shrooms then it can stay. Its not the prettys stuff but hey if grows in and don't hurt then why peel it off. The pinkish red stuff i thought might be coraline but its pliable not hard like whats on the glass. the coraline on my glass i have to like chip or scrape off.