Can Someone Explain This To Me?

badkjb2

by no means am i trying to start any problems here. i am really interested in some responses to this. i have read all the dixcussions on tangs, and all of them have said they need alot o swiming room etc. i agree with this because ive done alot of research on them. BUT, i was just in mexico, and we went on a submersible sub to check out a reef. and as we were out there, a tour guide was explaining things to us, when we came upon a rock on the reef, which was no bigger then 7-8 ftlong and maybe 2-3 ft wide, and there was probably 100 tangs, i think he said they were purple, and he also mentioned that these tangs are ALWAYS in the same area, which was tiny. now i know that it is the ocean, but the space that these tangs were in, ive seen bigger aquariums. i wanted to ask the guy how all those fish could swim around this little area all the time, but i never got the chance to. just curious how come 1 fish would need a tank 6 ft long, and 100 would need rock cover only 7-8 ft long.

bethany

new to the sw world. But I suppose it's because in a tank they are restricted. In the ocean they can go and come as the please. just my opinion.

wamp

Also, the ocean has an endless water turn over rate. Plenty of food going by. And, I seriously doubt they stay in one place all the time.