Can someone help ID this?

causeidm

Ok, I noticed a couple little balls on the sand next to the glass this morning. I figured they were just left over food or something that had collected there. I used some tongs to take one out and put it inside of a small cup. Suddenly the ball fell apart, it was actually about 50 very small creatures all bundeled together. they are small, about a mm in diameter, flat, and they have 2 little black marks on their back. I haven't been able to ID them att all, I have looked all over the web and through all of my books.
Thank you

causeidm

they are all tan in color, with those 2 black marks on their back, and its funny when they swim in the cup, cause they swim up then flip over and kinda fall side to side like a leaf. it almost looks like a flake of sand falling. They have tons of tiny little legs. I just worry if they are predators or not, I got all the ones that I could see, about 200 in this cup.

clarkiiboi

I dont have the answer, but curious. At first when you said flat, I thought flatworms. Then you stated tiny legs, so that threw me. I honestly dont know what could ball up and taken out of the tank without falling "apart". Bump for ya.

causeidm

Yeah, they are really freaking me out, cause now that they have been in a bottle together overnight, they have piled together in one big ball. I have never seen things like this in my tank, but I thought I read an article about them a year or so ago. I have had no luck id'ing them yet though. They have a really hard outer shell and they seem to really like balling up together, cause even when I picked them up with tongs, they stayed together.
I would take a picture, but I don't have anything that can zoom in that close. Maybe I can get one of the ball though.