?????can Someone Help

angied

Ok Did A Water Change Today And Found Something New
Actually 2 On My Live Rock No I Did Not Get A Picture Of It...but It Was A Tanish White Snail But Looked Like It Didnt Have A Shell..i Know There Are Snails Out There Like That But What Are They Called So I Can Look It Up...please Help
Thank You
OK WHY IM AT IT MYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS TOO......I GOT IT A LPS ABOUT 6 OR 7 MONTHS AGO I LOVE IT JUST NOT SURE WHAT IT IS......LPS DIDNT ETHER JUST SAID IT WAS SOME KIND OF MIRCO ALGEA

I WAS THINKING IT KINDA LOOKS LIKE MAIDON HAIR

rberhow

As far as the snail, best guess without a picture would be a stomatella snail. They are beneficial little helpers. Sorry, no idea with the macro though.

unleashed

looks almost like turtle grass (ie maiden hair) are your fish nibbling on it?is it like a fuzyy fine grass or stiff like blades of grass

angied

Originally Posted by unleashed
looks almost like turtle grass (ie maiden hair) are your fish nibbling on it?is it like a fuzyy fine grass or stiff like blades of grass

ITS ROUGH TO THE TOUCH NOT SOFT AT ALL AND MY FISH DONT MESS WITH IT AT ALL

unleashed

Originally Posted by angied
ITS ROUGH TO THE TOUCH NOT SOFT AT ALL AND MY FISH DONT MESS WITH IT AT ALL
i just this grass stuff the other day my new foxface wont touch it either I have no clue what it is but it cost me 40 bucks for the rock of it.

angied

Chlorodesmis fastigiata, Turtle Weed... common in the wild, common in marine systems with inadequate competition, available nutrients... A couple of shots in the wild: Fiji, the Andaman Sea.

IT JUST MIGHT BE THIS

angied

:happyfish I Know Some Of That Stuff Can Be Qiut Exspencive But I Only Payed Ten Bucks For Mine I Love My Lps.........hes Always Willing To Make You A Good Deal...its Exotic Aquatics South Bend Indiana He Has Alot Of Good Stuff In There....... :happyfish

unleashed

im sure thats what your is.it gives a nice look in your tank I cant even keep hair algae in my tanks my tangs go nuts for the stuff.i got mine from local lps i dont normally get fish or corals from but they have such a hard case of hair alge in one of there coral display tanks hes been selling me his corals at half the price just to try and save the corals from smothering as soon as it hits my tank the tangs pick off all the hair algae and uncovers the corals.but unfortunatly this store doesnt know what they have most of the time and alot of things are mismarked.kinda lucky for me though lol :joy:

angied

Originally Posted by unleashed
im sure thats what your is.it gives a nice look in your tank I cant even keep hair algae in my tanks my tangs go nuts for the stuff.i got mine from local lps i dont normally get fish or corals from but they have such a hard case of hair alge in one of there coral display tanks hes been selling me his corals at half the price just to try and save the corals from smothering as soon as it hits my tank the tangs pick off all the hair algae and uncovers the corals.but unfortunatly this store doesnt know what they have most of the time and alot of things are mismarked.kinda lucky for me though lol :joy:
DONT YOU JUST LOVE WHEN THAT HAPPENS