Can this be ICH?

prohopper

Well here it is a little over a week later and my goby is still doing great. I did however read somewhere that yellow watchmans have a thicker than normal mucus layer or something like that which makes it harder for the ich parasite to make its way into the fish's skin. Anyways I'm going to play it safe and keep monitoring the goby and wait at least another month before adding another fish.

yannifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/384507/can-this-be-ich/20#post_3370364
ich sucks .....thats an understatement
+1
Prohopper, my flame angel is in hypo right now to treat ich, and I had an experience similar to yours as far as the ich would be there in the morning, gone during the day, and again at night. What I eventually found was that if you looked super closely during the day (I mean super closely, with the fish just a couple inches from your face) you could still see the ich. I think the brighter lights prevented the ich from being seen. I'm not sure this is what was happening, but its the best thing I could come up with. Just thought I'd share.