can u have to much light

ginnboy

can you have to much light for zoas, to make them close up and die.my ric are also real small,smaller then when I got them. I have the nova extreme pro 72" on my 180

sickboy

That light has 468 watts right? On a 180 that would only be around 2.6 watts/gallon. So, I don't think too much light would be your problem, maybe not enough light. How high in the tank were the corals?

ginnboy

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2808640
That light has 468 watts right? On a 180 that would only be around 2.6 watts/gallon. So, I don't think too much light would be your problem, maybe not enough light. How high in the tank were the corals?
I have tried high,med,and low placement all the same resorts

ginnboy

I use ro water .I have mushrooms and some candy cane and some yellow polyps all not speading like they should.I was think it might be water too ,I was adding iodine for a while ,but stopped when the problem started . could my iodine level be to hi and cause this

nycbob

u dont need to dose anything if u do weekly water change. ur corals r fairly easy to keep, so dosing will do more harm than good.

ginnboy

oh yea I have a yellow tang ,potters angel ,singapore angel, pj carnial, mandrine,sandsifing gobie,copperband butterfly,and 3 small gobies

O

osubeast

Didn't someone mention something about flatworms or other worms maybe irrating things. Have you checked any of these?

ginnboy

yes I did have flatworms awhile back but not lately,Im thinking it's more of a water thing now. Im going to the lfs tomorrow to let them check my tap water ,ro water, and my tank water to see what they can find.

mr_x

it's not flatworms. do the closed polyps have any white spots on them?
how long ago did you add the nova fixture?

mr_x

so you are saying that nothing has changed at all in the last 8 months?
change salt?
change lighting schedule?
change waterchange frequency?
temp change due to warmer climates?
new, or different flow components/powerheads, or lack thereof?
anything i might have missed?