Can you have pets in college?

birdy

Where I went to college the dorms would pretty much allow anything that would fit into a small aquarium or cage, you could keep: small lizards, snakes, rabbits, chincillas, fish, parakeet or cockatiel, rats, small rodents.

robchuck

The college I went to had a limit on what types of pets could be kept. The requirement was that the pet had to be able to survive underwater for at least 24-hours. But at least they didn't limit the size of the tank. I remember a guy a few floors up from me who had a 180g (if I'm remember correctly) with some huge oscars in it.

cartman101

i would love to have a boa(mom is freaked out about them) and maybe i could have one in college? And do dorm rooms have bathrooms in them, sorry for the dumb question

pwnag3!!

some dorms have bathrooms... some have community restrooms and showers... depends on the age of the college and dorm you will stay in.
My sister had to share the bathroom with the entire floor.... F THAT!

denny80689

I went to good old Drexel University in philly. No pets in the dorms and the first 2 years your stuck in the ghetto dorms with a community bathroom shared with the entire floor. Then again you can keep whatever pets you want as long as no one fins them
theres no drinking in dorms either but Ill be willing to bet you do some of that

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I kept 3 FW fish tanks in college. And when I graduated & was leaving campus for good, all my fish ended up in the 150 gal in the Science Dept [middle of the nite visit by me
]
If you are in dorms, you basically have to review the policy of the school you are attending.

jer4916

Depends on where you go to college, when i went to pensacola christian college we couldn't have any pets water based or not, but at FIU i could have whatever i wanted if it would live in water. No cats or dogs or anything of that nature
if you want a big pet, live off campus....but i do suggest living on campus...its something everyone should go through. imo
~Chris

ophiura

If you live in dorms it could be an issue...where I went you were basically "locked out" during certain breaks and they turned off the heat or A/C. So you wouldn't want anything perhaps more than a betta or goldfish that could be taken with you! And even those were not really given the green light.