Can you just buy 50/50bulbs to replace lights

rogueangel

I'm looking into buying a new tank and I was wondering can you buy the 50/50 bulbs and put them in the hood in place of the lights that come with it?

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by rogueangel
I'm looking into buying a new tank and I was wondering can you buy the 50/50 bulbs and put them in the hood in place of the lights that come with it?
Are you talking about pcs? The normal lights they put into hoods I believe are around 20 watt lights and are really no good for a reef. I don't believe they make 50/50s for them.

rogueangel

I know they arn't any good for a reef. I already messed up when I got my nano. I got an Eclipse so now I want something better. I'm just beyond my wits end with all this talk of 50/50, t-5, pc

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by rogueangel
I know they arn't any good for a reef. I already messed up when I got my nano. I got an Eclipse so now I want something better. I'm just beyond my wits end with all this talk of 50/50, t-5, pc
I know its very confusing but all the information you need is here in these threads. If you do a search for what you want to know, most often than not someone else has asked the same question. If your talking about a nano, see what others have done.