Can you keep 2 sixline's in the same tank?

reefdude37

Hello, I have a 40 gallon breeder and was wandering if you could keep 2 six line wrasses in the same tank. Can you?

dogstar

I have had two together for years now in a 150g. They do fine together but I also would not recomend 2 in a 40g....I dont know why. I guess it just dont sound good....but mine are fine even when swimming together.

ophiura

I have one in a 45g and I can tell you he postures and flares at his own reflection in the glass :scared:

dogstar

I have no clue if they are M and F. I got the smaller one about 6 mths after i had the big one and there never seemed to be an issue. They dont hang out together, they both just swim thru the the whole tank at their own will. When they bump into each other they just seem to ignore the other and just keep on swimming. They have never seemed to act as if they were going to mate or anything and I have never reaserched how they mate, but I will now that I think about it.
The larger one does often face off to its reflection as ophiura mentioned, but never any attempt to attack the reflection as far as I can tell.
Now the yellow tangs...those guys do try to attack their relections, but not the other Yellows in the tank....strange....this hobby we enjoy.

b-majestic

Originally Posted by onyxclown
o and do u still have ur pair of clowns lol how they doin
The ones i saw where really small about 1.5"-2" they where at the whole seller.
Yes i still have the clowns the pic i have of them i took today. and them seem very good.
but this topic is not about clown fish