can you keep any 2 angels?

jdog5578

are there any Angels that get along with eachother? I would really like a Flame and a coral beauty.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by jdog5578
are there any Angels that get along with eachother? I would really like a Flame and a coral beauty.
its a hit and miss situation so u need like a fairly large tank(180-200) i would guess so the angels can have their space

ice4ice

In small tanks (55G and under), only one species; in larger tanks 180G and up is a hit or miss providing you have sufficient rock for cover.

reefkprz

The only angel I know of that you can keep more than one specimine of in a smaller tank would be the cherub or pygmy angel, they can live quite happily in groups but they HAVE to be added to the tank at the same time, even 2 minutes can make a difference between success and faliure.

browniebuck

I know that most people say that you can't keep two together, but I have had an Eibli angel and a Keyhole angel in my 55 gallon for about a month and a half now (my wife picked up the Keyhole without me).
I had heard that one way to help ensure that they will leave each other alone was to rearrange all of the rock in the tank to eliminate established territories (we have had the Eibli for about 3 or 4 months). I moved all 70lbs of live rock around and put them into completely different areas of the tank. For the first day, I thought I would have to take one or the other out, as they were chasing each other. I actually tried to catch the Eibli to give him a "time out" in the QT, but was unable to (it was late and I just gave up
). By the next evening, the two were co-existing rather well. Now, they are best buddies (I think that they went to sensitivity training or something).
I agree with everyone else, it is a hit and miss, but if you are willing to do some moving around your tank (and a willingness to get one or the other out of the tank if things turn ugly), then it is possible to have success.

reefboys

Basically if you've got a larger system (125/200 or so) with plenty of LR you've got a decent shot at success. Anything smaller than that you're probably doomed to have a dead angel on your hands.

jdog5578

Originally Posted by Reefboys
Basically if you've got a larger system (125/200 or so) with plenty of LR you've got a decent shot at success. Anything smaller than that you're probably doomed to have a dead angel on your hands.

ehhh. my 46 gallon is not gonna cut it then. I will stay with just the Flame Angel.

hot883

I have a pygmy and a Queen juvi together in my 125. Normally the common rule is 2 dwarfs cannot stay together.

ktsdad

We put a flame and coral beauty in our 250 at the same time and not had any problems at all.
BUT it is a 250 gallon tank with 200lbs of rock and we put them in at the same time.
2 months later we added a 1 year old Koran Angel from another tank we were taking down and they all seem happy 1 year later.
Good Luck
Dave

You can keep big angels and dwarf angels with little to no problem.
I had a Coral Beauty, Flagfin Angel, and an Emperor get along fine.