can you post pics of your anemones?

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2587318
You guys are gonna keep seeing him til I get sick of posting his pic!!

Tizzo,
Well i went and did it and I bought its twin
. I took this pic about 15 minutes after I put it in the tank. I seen yours and by some odd chain of events I found this one 2 days later
I don't have the BEST CAMERA IN THE WORLD but it will do for now !!

T

tizzo

Very nice!!
Mine is still cruising around the tank. I can't relax until he finds a "spot"...

You got a great deal on him though. Don't bother trying to research, I can't find anything. My LFS said it came from Bali, but the net says Great Barrier.

Is yours eating anything yet?? Mine isn't, but he's still looking like he does in the pic...

Thanks
. I couldn't pass it up after I took a look at yours. I thought it there something wrong with it because I have never seen one before and like you said I can't find anything on it.
I haven't tried to feed it yet because most of my anemones won't eat. I don't know if its because of having new 250 watt halides and they each have there own clown.
It moved to the middle of my rocks and is getting bigger . The bulbs are almost the size of a small grapes. You can kind of get an idea of the size because the Perc in the picture is about 2" long and it dwarfs him. So far it has opened to about 6" across but its hard to tell because part of it is still behind the rocks.
I just hope both of us have good luck with them because they are very hard to come by.

I still wish I had a good camera like yours

fish crazy

hey i got a question for you guys.... what are the proper steps to add an anemone into your tank? how does the water need to be? any other information can help. i tried an anemone once but it was a lost

T

tizzo

Proper steps?? well for me it was... Set up tank, fill it with 225 lbs of lr, let that cycle. Get my clean up crew, add a few fish, and 5 months in, add the anemone. Wait til he finds a spot, exhale and then add coral frags...more coral frags.

Fishy PA, I told you he'd be huge if he was the size of your hand in the store huh?? Just when I think MINE is big, I see his other HALF still on the other side of the hole he's coming out of!!
He's a lot bigger than I thought. When he closed up completely, he was tennis ball size, and I have seen him get about as b ig as my 4 year old's head!

I wish it would just find a spot and blow up like my carpet did. The pic I posted was after I moved a rock that was on top of were it was at. It still didn't settle down yet. I wish we could just put them where we want them and that would be it. (YEAH RIGHT).
I still had my LTA in the tank when I introduced this one and I found its remains last night. The LTA was right next to the BTA and it was the size of a half dollar and looked like it threw up. I think it got stung to death? I have never had this happen before.
I tried feeding it tonight after I posted and it didn't even grab ahold of it. I did feed my magnifica and my clown tries to rip it away because she's very picky and doesn't want it to close up. SHe doesn't eat it she just rips it out and spits it on the other side of the tank. I guess you could say she is a queen.