Can you put cheato (sp?) in your main tank?

shoreliner11

Yes, you can put chaeto in your main tank. I personally have not done it but the chaeto will stay in a ball if not picked at. I'm not sure if tangs will eat it or not.
Aaron

speg

It probably depends on the tang. Tangs are sposed to not pick on shaving brush plants... mine doesnt follow rules.
I'd be more concerned about turbo snails getting ahold of it.

crazyzeus1

I actually WANT to put something in there that the Foxface will eat. He won't touch the Green Algae Sheets I put in the tank.

speg

How long has he 'not' touched them? It takes fish time to understand that their food will be hung on a piece of colored plastic.

crazyzeus1

:) He's been in our tank for 2 1/2 weeks now & I've had a piece of sheet in there every day. Something is eating it at night, because it's gone by morning.
But Foxface loves Formula Two pellets, flakes, & Emerald Entree frozen...I just thought he was supposed to "pick" all day long...

acrylic51

So your main purpose or goal for the Chaeto is to feed your FoxFace? Chaeto will absorb nutrients and if your FoxFace eats you only release more harmful stuff back into the system.......

crazyzeus1

OH...OK...thanks a TON for clarifying! Do you know of a good microalgae (live) that the Foxface can eat then?